Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Three Muses Rust Challenge

This week Three Muses has chosen Rust for their theme. When I saw the sneak peek of this last week I started contemplating what I wanted to do. I have some neat rusty hearts, stars, and moon that I intended to do something great with. However, as like most things I create.......what emerged from my hands had nothing to do with what was in my mind. So I give you.......

"Rusty Memories"

The background was created using Tim Holtz Rusted Enamel technique from the Compendium of Curiosities book. To that I added a rusty key, torn sheet music, an old postcard, an old letter, a beat up bottle cap,  a vintage earring piece, a digitally enhanced photo I took on Ellis Island, three "rusty" brads, and a watch glass. I used three images from ArtChix: a vintage Hollywood image, an insect image, and a vintage ticket image. I also used Tim Holtz distressed ink pads in Rusty Hinge and Antique Linen to age and rust the images.

9 comments:

  1. I love it! What a wonderful collection of things old and/or rusty. Thank you for joining our challenge this week. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful bits of nostalgic ephemera and rusty things- love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely layout of images and objects. nice vintage feel

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a neat piece! Thanks for visiting my blog and I've enjoyed looking at yours so much! Isn't it funny how we start somewhere creatively and end up with something else wonderful?

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely combination of ephemera. Love it.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's such fun to let your muse run free sometimes don't you think? This is a wonderful collection of rusty and vintage ephemera that just had to get out. Bravo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great collage, Marnie. I hope everyone enlarges it to see the details.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great layout. The placement of your elements are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is a wonderful feel to this collection of interesting and beautiful pieces. Absolutely gorgeous. I love it.

    ReplyDelete