Thursday, July 22, 2010

Diary 2011 and The Sketchbook Projects

 Over the past few years I wasn't doing much with my art abilities, at least not challenging art. I would make some jewelry, paint some on small items, decorate, make clothing, and take photographs but nothing really to explore and push myself. I was playing safe....ugh! Enough of that!

This year I wanted to create art and be the artist I am inside so I took a huge leap out of my shell artistically.I joined 6 online art groups that host swaps and challenges constantly, I do 4 blog challenges per week and I am starting to get involved in large collaboration projects. For instance...Diary 2011 and The Sketchbook Project. 

A lovely lady on one of my groups wrote a post about it and before I could second guess myself I clicked on the link and signed up. Good thing too because I took the last spot! I am hoping it this is one of those kismet things as I do believe things happen for a reason. The one downfall to this is that my page (August 27th, 2011) is due on Saturday, July 23th! Eeek! So I decided to create a filmstrip of some of my already created work. Here it is....




The Sketchbook Project: 2011

"Thousands of sketchbooks will be exhibited at galleries and museums as they make their way on tour across the country. After the tour, all sketchbooks will enter into the permanent collection of The Brooklyn Art Library, where they will be barcoded and available for the public to view.
Anyone - from anywhere in the world - can be a part of the project.

Each artist is sent the same blank Moleskine sketchbook. We've only got two rules: first, the book must be used in some way - no sending us back an empty book or a completely different book! Second, the sketchbook must stay within its original dimensions (because we don't want to have to provide an extra suitcase just for your book while we're touring the country).
Each book will be given a barcode so we can easily catalog it into The Brooklyn Art Library system. Once we catalog it, artists will be able to track where on the tour their book is viewed and how many times someone pulled it from the shelf - we want to make sure you can stay connected with your sketchbook!"
(content taken from website)

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy that you are coming so far in your artwork and expressing yourself!! Your artwork is bloody beautiful and I think definitely opens you up like I've never seen before.
    I see you becoming well-known in the future!
    LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete