Monday, July 26, 2010

Mermaid Challenge

ArtChix Blog Art Challenge: Mermaids * Merpeople * Meranimals due August 2, 2010. If you haven't discovered ArtChix and their amazing image and collage sheet you must go have a look. Not only are the products high quality but their people are also amazing!

For this challenge I had no idea what I wanted to do so I began by cutting our some Mermaid tails on the Cricut using the Paperdoll Dress Up cartridge and a cool blue/green textured-look paper. Then I went to my notebook of ArtChix image sheets and settled on Playful Nudes and Chixies Hat Affair. I used all kinds of embellishments like: a tiny crown, an altered crown brad, stick on pearls, real shells, fresh water pearl beads, Smooch Accent Ink, and Pearl-Ex.

What started out to be a mobile idea evolved into a 3D table-top piece. What do you think?


8 comments:

  1. Totally fabulous art! Love the mermaids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do I think? Its fabulous, a gorgeous creation. Annette

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it, a great idea, they could grace my table anyday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this. Mermaids are my favorite thing. And your display is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is awesome!!! I see you're in the Sketchbook Project! I would love to do that but have something major coming up and don't know if I'd have time... Marva

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhh, Wow! This is absolutely fabulous!!! I love that you've created a 3D piece. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I, too, experienced terrible power surges after my hysterectomy years ago. Fortunately, they few and far between now. Hang in!!! Hugs, Terri xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's incredible! Your work is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is one of the three best mermaid pieces I have ever seen! Well deservid of the Art Chix sister site front page! You are so talented my friend. I try to give everybody an equal chance on the front pages but you just keep outdoing yourself. I am a great big fat Marnie fan! Love everything you make my deery! Now you must know by now my consentration in college was sculpture and this piece impressed even me! Not trying to be braggy about myself just wanted ya to know I ain't blowing no smoke! LOL! I think this piece might even win on Helga's blog! I hope it does!!! Keep up the great imaginative art work! Huggles, Sanna

    ReplyDelete