Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Compendium of Curiosities - Challenge 5: Distress Powder

All I can say is it is a miracle this piece got done at all!

I will start at the beginning of my week with the announcement of the challenge. Distress Powders! Oh no.....do I have any of those? A frantic dig through my embossing powder box confirmed I did not. So yesterday I drug my daughter and her friend to my local big box craft stores (Michaels and AC Moore) and came out empty handed (well, not empty but no Distress Powders). My last hope was to try Archivers (a scrapbookers heaven). Because I have a severe paper addiction I avoid this store like an alcoholic avoids a bar! But I was desperate and I thought surely if anyone would have it they would. WRONG! 

Disappointed and sad that I would not be able to participate this week I lost my desire to create anything plus I was exhausted. Note to everyone...don't take 10 year old girls into a craft store unless you are crazy!

This morning I decided to try one more place, Joann's Fabric & Crafts. I called first this time and low and behold they not only had some, they had 6 colors to choose from AND they were on sale! Ahhhhhh, the muse was smiling on me once again. So I drove into town and picked up 3 colors for under $10.
 
 
Now I know I said the muse was smiling but I have no idea whose muse it was because what I created doesn't look like anything I ever do. And I am not sure I did the powder right because it doesn't look that distressed to me. LOL! Oh well, at least I got to participate.

7 comments:

  1. Now that's a story of perseverance and triumph! I'm so glad you were able to find some Distress Powder, and am LOVING this gorgeous card you created with it! You have the magic touch-- this looks great, and that's not always easy to pull off with a product you've never tried before. It is spectacular, and you and your muse deserve a big round of applause! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous story and one I can certainly relate to, I avoid bookshops as well, lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Linda--I love the final result. I've never tried the distress powders--I didn't even know there were distress powders :)
    But now that I know....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too funny! We really need to start a paperhorders annonymous group! Joann's is always the last place I look too, but they always have something, (and take the other companies coupons). I'm glad you find the powers, because I love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous, love it. Annette

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your card! JoAnn's is where I found my Distress EP also. They had five colors and I took one of each!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ouuu, I really like your piece! You created a nice dewy morning!

    ReplyDelete