Saturday, July 17, 2010

Three Muses: Flying Carpet Travels

This week's challenge on Three Muses is Flying Carpet Travels. So far there have been some amazing entries. I decided to take the challenge literally and create a Flying Carpet postcard.


Supplies:
The background is reused cardboard packaging with a slick side
Distress Ink Pads - Barn Door, Rusty Hinge, Wild Honey, and Stormy Sky
Cricut - Paper Doll Dress Up (Indian Palace)
Handmade Viola Vita Adhesive Paper Pad by K&C Co. (Indian Palace)
Navy blue handmade paper (mountains)
Copper colored paper (sun)
Scrap wallpaper stamped red (carpet)
Gold fibers (rug tassels)
Smooch Accent Ink - Sundance (sun)
Stickles - Yellow (sun)
Acrylic paint - white

8 comments:

  1. hi there :)
    thank you so much for leaving that lovely comment on my blog :) your flying carpet piece is beautiful! i love the way you used the papers and the concept you created with this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Travels to India, wow, I've always wanted to go there, and what a magnificent Indian palace too. Brilliant, creative work and thank you so much for joining in this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the composition of your piece, Marnie. She looks like she's enjoying herself, but I hope she doesn't fall off her carpet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I love this piece! Thanks for your lovely comments over on my blog, much appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what you did! But I think this challenge is on Three Muses. http://thethreemuseschallenge.blogspot.com/2010/07/three-muses-59-flying-carpet-travels.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. your postcard is awesome!! love that palace and it really reminds me of 1001 nights...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful background for your lovely lady on her flying carpet. I love the Indian palace scene below! Thanks so much for bringing your talent to our challenge this week! Good work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a scrumptious magical, mystery tour! Stunning artwork and a very romantic feel. Superb.

    ReplyDelete