Saturday, July 31, 2010

Three Muses: Odd Bird Challenge

This week Indybev over at Three Muses gave us a marvelous challenge called "Odd Bird"! Don't you love it?

If you have been following me and my art for any length of time you might have noticed that I have a quirky sense of humor and the deep need to build layers of meaning into everything I create. Well, this challenge was not exception. Take a look.....

"be IRREPLACEABLE"

Supplies:
Chipboard tag (natural color)
Flocked number 3 (hint: this is one of the layers)
Black Soot Distress Crackle Paint
Raven wing and 3 tail feathers (found on etsy)
2 clock hands
4 brads
7 Gypsies tape
"be IRREPLACEABLE" transparent sticker

8 comments:

  1. Well now, that might be the Oddest Bird I've seen this week. Standing Ovation for your creativity and originality. It's superb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its brilliantly clever, love it. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohmygosh! I love the originality of this one. It's so darned unique. APPLAUSE from my corner of the world!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I just found your blog and read that your are in the Sketchbook projekt too! I like the things you make a lot and I am anxcious to see what you will do with your sketchbook.
    Somehowe we had the same thoughts for 2010, but I see you have really started off! All these different projects and challenges...WOW.
    Sunny regards from germany - Irma

    ReplyDelete
  5. This has to be one of the most original fantastic things I've ever seen blogging on the net.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If this isn't the most creative tag I don't know what IS! REALLY like this birdie.

    ReplyDelete