Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Grunge - Day 8

Hitting The Stage - Page 7
 Supplies:
Smells Like Teen Spirit Music (printed from the internet)
Photo of PearlJam concert
Graphic Stencil
Alcohol Inks - Red, Orange, and Yellow
Smooch Accent Sprays - red and gold
Black Crackle Paint
Soft Gel Medium
Blending tool for alcohol inks
Black Micron Pen - fine tip


How To:
First, I printed the sheet music for "Smells Like Teen Spirit" written by Kurt Cobain and a photo of a Pearl Jam concert. Since this book is for personal use only and will not be sold or published I figured it was okay to print and use these images. If not, shhhhh, don't tell anyone! I centered my tag on the music sheet, traced it, cut it out, and adhered it with soft gel medium.

Next, I cut the guy hanging from the girder from the concert photo and adhered that across the top of the tag with soft gel medium.

For the surface treatment I lightly spritzed red and gold Smooch Accent Sprays. Then I laid a graphic stencil down and using a blending tool loaded with red, orange, and yellow smushed the ink around. For added definition I outlined the ink pattern with a micron pen. For the last touch, I randomly brushed black crackle paint around to dirty up the scene.

Tomorrow "The Numbers" of page 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment