Thursday, May 20, 2010

Grunge - Day 3

Page 2
Supplies:
Newspaper (the entertainment section or a local independent artsy paper works best)
Yellow Single Fold Bias Tape or yellow ribbon
Letter stamps
 Ink Pads - black
Black Crackle Paint
Black Sharpie
Light gel medium
Two-sided Tape

How to:
First choose a suitable picture or ad from a newspaper. The one I used was in the entertainment section and was featuring an artist's work which happened to have a rebellious graffiti feel. I cut it out slightly crooked for a more out of order feel then glued it down with light gel medium. Allow to dry and then dirty up the page with a black stamp pad. Next I haphazardly painted black crackle paint along the top and side edges which I then dragged down onto the page with my finger. Dry with a heat gun. With a black sharpie I scribbled around on the page for more graffiti effect and wrote society and crossed it out (going against the trappings of society is one of the main precepts of "grunge').

Then with letter stamps, stamp caution across the yellow bias tape (or ribbon). Attach with two-sided tape.

Check back for tomorrow's exciting rock page!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Marnie! I thought I did post one to you. I am almost sure of it. Anyway, your Grunge looks great. I like the way you did it. It makes me think of Music Video's like the old VH1 that came on in the 80's, when I was in High School. Anyway, keep up the great work! Hugs, Francine

    ReplyDelete