Thursday, February 23, 2012

Color Throwdown Card

It's Color Throwdown time again! Originally I wasn't very inspired by this week's colors, but once I started digging into my paper stash I really liked the combination. Next, I needed to decide what to do with them.
I have always been one to choose cards very carefully, selecting ones with just the right sentiment. My son is turning 20 in a month so I decided I would make him a non-traditional birthday card. He is a "man" now so flowery, or showy, or wordy cards are not appropriate.

He has had a difficult past few years making a series of bad choices and sort of floundering when it comes to life goals. Last year he joined the National Guard which did wonders for him, but he is still struggling with what to do with his life when he is not on duty. So rather than the typical Happy Birthday card I decided the sentiment "write your own story" was not only appropriate for him, but also a good life lesson for any parent to pass on to their child.


Happy Thursday,
Marnie

1 comment:

  1. What a great guy birthday card...love the typewriter stamp and the awesome texture in the background!! Thanks for playing in the Color Throwdown!!!

    ReplyDelete