Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Tag of the Month Challenge - "Beauty in Nature"

For June our Art for the Creative Mind Tag challenge was to create two tags in the theme of "Beauty in Nature". I decided to go two completely different directions with this one (so much fun to do when you have two of them). The first one is a chip board tag I cut into the shape of a leaf and then inked, stamped, collaged, painted, sprayed, and embellished with a dragonfly brad and ribbons.



The second one, a complete opposite to the first, began as a quilted and beaded ATC. I first sprayed a standard chip board tag with Smooch Accent inks, layered on a sage green grosgrain ribbon and then added the quilted ATC on top. I edged the ATC with Vintage Photo Distressed Stickles. To create the Nature sign is free-handed an area with swirly roots, glued a pre-printed chip board sign and embellished with rhinestones. I finished it off with a wood bead and wired brown grosgrain ribbon.


No comments:

Post a Comment