Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Canvas Create Workshop - In Progress!

Hi folks
I know this is two posts in one day but I am so excited about this workshop that I had to share.

The workshop is called Canvas Create and it is taught by the fabulous Donna Downey. Now if you have never taken one of her classes or workshops you are really missing out! She is fun, funky, and breaks all the rules and she is exactly what I needed at this time in my life.

Once I watched the promo I knew I had to do it and to make sure I followed through I enlisted my mother to join in with me. Each month we get together and create the latest Donna masterpiece. Her techniques and radical process were just what my muse ordered. The classes actually began in January but they are video downloads so you can start anytime you want really. I highly recommend any of her classes, even if her style is not your thing she will push you to places you have never gone and make you a better artist!

Here are my first six canvases.







In the class she uses different sizes and orientations of canvas but I wanted all the same size so I could hang them together in a grid. I think one of the greatest things about Donna is her ability make you feel comfortable enough to make your own choices.

I honestly can't say enough positive things about Donna, her workshops, or my experience....it's all been great! Each month I can hardly wait for the the next video so I can create another canvas.

Stayed tuned each month for the remaining six canvases.

No comments:

Post a Comment