Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Online classes, competitions, and more!

If you know me personally or have been following me for a while, you know that finding my way back to art has been a long journey. Not only has it been a winding road with a few frustrating hurdles but it has also been a tremendous time of growth and discovery for me. 



Over the last 18 months or so I have been diving head first into as many online art classes as I could do and sometimes more than I could do (think drowning in a sea of self imposed deadlines and projects). My calendar is FULL, I tell ya! I have also entered a couple of art competitions but more on that later.  


Through the good, the bad, and the ugly I have learned a lot about myself and my artistic style. For instance, I know that I am definitely a mixed media artist. I love combining materials! Even if it is just paint and ink it has to have different elements and layers to feel right to me. I will go into more depth about this in another post but suffice it to say that I am finding my voice and I am ready to start singing (arting) to the world.


Have you had a long and winding art journey too? A rough road discovering your own passion? Have you done something courageous like entering a competition? Share you story with me in the comments below.

Hugs, peace, love, and joy!
Marnie



No comments:

Post a Comment