Thursday, June 3, 2010

Art Doll Challenge

This is another Art For The Creative Mind swap and my first attempt at a paper art doll. What do you think?

 
I started with the free doll template provided by The Enchanted Gallery which I traced onto DCWV The Luxury Stack paper.

The face is stamped with an art doll stamp by ERA Graphics and I used markers to color in the features.

I then stamped the legs and arms with Fauna stamps by Prima which I then colored over with Luscious Lime Smooch Accents.

The skirt is simply to layers of tulle (purple and white) cut into circles and stuck down with two-sided tape.

Lastly, I cut and adhered paper and silk flowers/leaves to create a corset bodice and a hat. I used more Smooch Accents to highlight the leaves and flowers and add dimension. A pearl embellishment finishes it all off.

5 comments:

  1. She is gorgeous and an inspiration to me as I've never made an art doll before. You've inspired me to try, thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is beautiful-love her-so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great doll. She is a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh, this is so cool!!! Reminds me I have some dresses to make for the 2010 dress project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely art doll...wonderful color and love the petals on her head!

    ReplyDelete